Tuesday 15 April 2014

Anticipation...

It's 3am and I can't sleep, so I'm back on my new blog.

I feel like a kid in a candy store, or maybe how someone with "money to burn" feels like after ordering the latest MacPro or MacBook Retina from the online Apple store (and spending maybe $10k in the process).(Aside: If I'd done this, I'd feel sick.  I'd start thinking of how I'd wasted all that money over something that will depreciate so quickly.... then I'd think of how I was going to tell my wife.... and this thought process would then lead to me conjuring up a plan to return (not yet arrived) new device back to the Apple store.)

You see, I like shiny things, but I don't like paying for them....  And I'm all excited about the thought one of these babies winging its way to me:


At work, I'm fortunate enough to have a late model 27" iMac.  I love it..... *pauses for effect*..... No really, I love it.  (Said like Frank Drebin in Police Squad in Color movie.)  I love it because it's a quality product, and - crucially - one that I haven't paid for.  (My wife tells me that I must be a little bit Scottish, i.e. cheap-skate.  Evidently true!  In reality I'm 50% Irish & 50% NZ European but that's another story...)  

I'm all excited because a premium product (albeit from yester-decade) is on its way to me, but also one that's costed me a minuscule amount, a fraction of its original price.

That's probably enough for now.  Time to head back to bed or I'll be too tired come tomorrow.  But I've just found the original Apple part identifiers for the device (Identifiers: 15-Inch 1.67/1.5 - M9677LL/A - PowerBook5,6 - A1106), so thought I'd throw in an image of what the new piece of kit looks like:

A PowerBook G4 circa 2005.  (Click to embiggen - you know you want to...)

(The above image is stolen from http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=457794.)




No comments:

Post a Comment